The move itself went well. We knew it would be tiring for Dennis, and it was, but he is glad to be home. We are going to be adjusting how we do things as we go along but I'll have the experts from hospice to help with that.
Thank you so much for your contributions to Dennis' relief staff. Words just cannot express our gratitude. I have a call into a local nursing school to see if some of the student nurses would be interested in working for us. If that does not work out, there are agencies through which you can hire staff that I will be contacting. Just knowing we have the ability to ensure Dennis is taken care of and I can do things like attend Brooklyn's school events or go to church is huge. Thank you.
Willow, our spaniel, has been laying on Dennis' pillow since I made his bed up. As soon as Dennis was settled into bed, she jumped on the bed and cuddled with him. I think she missed him.
- Pray for Dennis to be comfortable with all the new people who will be assisting with his care.
- Pray we can find some good relief staff to help us as well.
- Pray my back does not give me problems from all the care I am providing.
- Pray for Brooklyn as she continues to process all that his happening around her.
- Pray for all of us that we will bring God glory through this stage of Dennis' illness.
Many of you may have heard of Brittany Maynard, a young women with the same diagnosis as Dennis, who chose to end her own life this week. A friend of ours shared our story in a radio spot as a contrast to the choices Brittany made. You can listen to it here. http://wifamilycouncil.org/brittany-and-dennis-same-disease-different-story-2/