Monday, February 2, 2015

Healed!

At 10:45 today Dennis left his cancer stricken body and was fully healed and in the presence of his Savior.   As he left his body, the hymn "It is Well with My Soul" was playing.  It is indeed well with all of our souls.  Dennis' soul is in the presence of his Savior whom he has longed to see.  I said to him moments after he had left, "I so wish I could see what your eyes are seeing."  Amazing.  He can walk, run, jump and speak.

It is also well with my soul.  I have a wonderful peace.  Yes, there is a deep sorrow too but a peace because of the assurance that I will see Dennis again.  I miss him already.  Heaven is that much sweeter because he is waiting for me there.

Details of the arrangements to honor Dennis' life and memory will be finalized tomorrow.  For now, the visitation will be at High Point Church in Madison on Friday and the service will be there as well on Saturday.

Please keep us in your prayers as we learn to live our new normal without Dennis.  

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the intimate details of your journey with us. I am so very sorry for your loss. I have been following your blog for a long time and have prayed for healing for Dennis. May God watch over you and comfort you in the following days.
    A Fellow Widow and Mom to 2 Chinese Daughters

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss, but he is at peace. I have prayed for you and your family, and will continue to do so.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen and Brooklyn,

    I am so sorry for your loss but also glad that Dennis is no longer suffering. Please know that we are all thinking about you and those around you will continue to be there for you.

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers of peace for you now and in the days to come. We met in China nearly 3 years ago as we were both bringing our children home. I've watched from a distance these past years and have been blessed by your faith, grace, and honestly. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to read about Dennis' passing! I will continue to pray for you and Brooklyn....love and prayers from Canada....

    ReplyDelete