Monday, June 24, 2013

Waiting for MRI Results

Leading up to MRI weeks in some ways is becoming routine.  We can actually have “normal” days and not be totally obsessed with the pending MRI but then the day arrives.  Today as I sit at work, I feel the dread, stress, grief…not sure any of those words actually capture the anticipation that accompanies waiting on the results of the MRI.  It just lingers in the back of my mind on  my heart as we wait. 
Even though I am convinced that we will hear that the MRI is clear again, it thrusts me back to the very first MRI that started this year long journey.  What if this MRI is another turning point in this battle?  And then I remember that even if it is, God will walk along that road with us too.  We have seen Him provide abundantly this past year in our lives and will continue to do so in the days ahead.  
I continue to pray for full restoration for Dennis not just that this monster never returns but restoration of his stamina, short-term memory and language skills.  Our God is able to do way more than medical science sees possible and even more than we can imagine.  In God’s grace, He may choose to fully restore Dennis or He may not, but what he chooses will be what is best for all of us.  We believe that with every fiber of our being. 
So, as you pray for us this week, pray for our sense of God’s presence during our wait on the MRI results as well as our peace regardless of what those results may be.  Mostly, pray with us that God will be glorified in and through our lives. 

1 comment: