Two weeks ago if you would have asked Dennis, he would have told you, “I just want to have the MRI to find out what is going on.” He felt strongly at that point that he was ready to know. For the last several days it has been more of a foreboding. Do we really want to know? What if the medication is not working? Are the symptoms Dennis is having side-effects of the medication or are they an indication that this beast is growing and interfering with his movements and strength? If the medication is not working, then what? Frankly, our options to combat this are growing short. If you look at statistics on survival after diagnosis, Dennis right now is at the point of the average months past diagnosis.
So, today we wait. MRI is at 11:20am. There is a possibility that the doctor will call this afternoon with results. If not, he usually calls first thing the following day. We will meet with him on Wednesday. If the MRI is stable, it will be a routine check and Dennis will then receive his next dose of the same medications. If the MRI has changed, we will discuss other options that still are available.
Please keep all of us in your prayers for peace as we wait and as we hear the news and for clear direction on treatments moving forward if we need to make changes.
We will post here as soon as we have any news.