Saturday, June 23, 2012

Some Days are Tough

We are just two short weeks into this journey but so much about our lives has changed.  It would be so nice to just step back into our "normal" for a few days or even a few hours but for whatever reason God has chosen to take us down this path.  Some days it is just so hard.  I'm there today.  It is all so overwhelming.  Those of you who know me well, know I am a "fixer" by nature.  I can't fix this.  I'm having to learn to trust more and do less.  I thought I had learned something about waiting and trust while we were adopting Brooke this last year but it is nothing compared to this.  At least then I had something constructive to do, now all I can do is just trust and lean on God.  I was reminded today that He is the God of yesterday, today and tomorrow.  We have seen him take care of yesterday and today.  He will take care of tomorrow and go with us through this time.

We both struggle at times.  Please pray with us that we will keep our focus on the many blessings God has given us.

  • Friends to hold us up when we are overwhelmed.
  • Brooke to add laughter and joy to our days.
  • Family to walk along with us and help with the day-to-day aspects of life.
  • Co-worker, friends and family who offer to help - and we will be taking you up on those offers.
  • Notes of encouragement from so many sources.
  • The assurance that God is with us and loves us.
Some prayer requests:
  • That our hearts and minds stay focused on our good and faithful God.
  • That we sleep well.
  • For Monday when Dennis has an IV port placed to be used for his treatments.
  • For the chemo and radiation to be effective.
Jeremiah 29:11'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'

No comments:

Post a Comment