Sunday, May 18, 2014

It Is Well with My Soul

Today in church we sang this old hymn and I found myself thinking, "Can I honestly say that it is well with my soul? Do I really trust my Savior and more than that, say in my soul that all of life's trials and blessings are well with my soul?"   To be totally honest, I can't say that 100% of the time but I can say that  I am learning to rest in God's care and say, "It is well with my soul."

The last 10 days have been rough ones for Dennis. Radiation is tough and so is a medication he is on.  Most of the time he is terribly exhausted.  Just getting to the hospital, having the treatment and coming home will exhaust him.  He is also struggling again with walking and balance. As you can imagine, this is discouraging. He has 20 more treatments over the next four weeks so we have a long way to go yet.

Please keep him in your prayers. Your words of encouragement in emails and notes are appreciated too.

Please pray for the fatigue to subside and for the radiation to be effective and for it not to destroy healthy brain cells in the process.



No comments:

Post a Comment