Monday, July 16, 2012

Psalm 33

 Psalm 33: 20-22
20 Our soul waits for the Lord;
    he is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart is glad in him,
    because we trust in his holy name.
22 Let your steadfast love, O Lord, be upon us,
    even as we hope in you.

I’ve been reading through Psalms recently and last night I was reading Psalm 33.  The verses above jumped out at me.  On so many these verses spoke to my heart.  

I’d been having a rough day Sunday.  Sometimes the simple things bring home the reality of what we are dealing with.  Because Dennis is doing so well overall, it is sometimes very easy to “forget” how serious this cancer is.  But then little things remind you.  Like, I am the only driver. In the past when we would go places together, I would very rarely drove.  I much prefer to ride than drive but now, I do all the driving.  The other reality check was Sunday, when we got home from church Dennis was exhausted and slept for about three hours.  Just not what he normally would have done.  

So I come to these verses and once again, God is reminding me to wait on Him.  This has been what I have repeatedly heard from God since the beginning of this journey.  Waiting is not what I do well but I’m learning.  But in this passage, God reminded me that He is our help and we can be glad – even in trying circumstances – because our trust is in Him.  I love that this passage ends with the reminder that God loves us and our ultimate hope is in Him.  Although we trust the medical team working with Dennis and the treatments they are providing, it is God who provides our hope for healing or for His protection and love as we walk this path.

Please continue to keep us in your prayers.  Here are some specific things you can be praying about:
  •  Dennis finds the radiation treatments the most difficult part of his treatments program.  Pray for peace as he does these each day.
  •  Pray for Dennis, Brooke and me as we deal with the day-to-day aspects of a new “normal” for our lives. 
  • Pray for wisdom as we try to discern what we realistic can do and what we need to ask others to help us with.  (Frankly, I’m not great at asking for help.  I’m learning to do this and we both have been overwhelmingly blessed by the outpouring of your love in helping us with rides for Dennis to his appointments.  Thank you!)

1 comment:

  1. Praying for peace, comfort, and complete healing. Stay strong. I was just reading the passage "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (Deuteronomy 31:8) -hang on to that, believe that, God is faithful. You are all amazing and you shine for Him even on the midst of this. May you be showered with Blesisings today!

    ReplyDelete